Yield Enhancing Products
Cultures and Starters
American Cheese Cultures and Starter Media
Italian Cheese Cultures and Starter Media
Spanish Cheese Cultures and Starter Media
Soft Dairy and Swiss Cheese Cultures
Functionality Supplements (ENHANCE Secondary Starter)
Milk Silo Culture
Starter Flavor Culture Powder for Grated Cheeses
Co-Pack and Private Label
Consulting, Training and Technical Support
- Soft Dairy and Swiss Cheese Cultures
- Soft Dairy Cultures
- Because of their inherent nature, Soft Cultured Dairy Products tend to be more susceptible to the development of yeasts, molds, and gassy defects than other dairy products. The challenge
presented to the dairy industry is to significantly reduce or stop the aforementioned problems, as well as addressing the issues of increased shelf life without sacrificing the optimum body and flavour of the final Soft Cultured Dairy Product.
- IMAC has risen to this challenge by developing its line of Soft Dairy Cultures for use in yogurt, sour cream, and buttermilk products. By employing our trademark process of multiple mixed strains,
customized growth mediums, and strict process control, IMAC has achieved a breakthrough in the Soft Dairy Cultures field, an asset to both ourselves and our customers.
- IMAC YO-LAC (YL) Yogurt Cultures:
- Designed for the manufacture of long-set yogurt, our YL cultures contain balanced ratios of selected multiple mixed strains of Streptococcus thermophilus, Lactobacillus bulgaricus and strains of Acidophilus and Bifidus bacteria. These strains help define the yogurt flavour and help maintain a thick body. The cultures have natural yeast and mold inhibitors which help control spoilage, extend the shelf life, and have given our customers a record of no product recall. All cultures are Kosher approved, US Government Certified, and shipped frozen on dry ice by air. IMAC YL cultures signify breakthrough biotechnology at an incredible value.
- IMAC MesoLac (SC) Sour Cream Cultures:
- For the manufacture of sour cream, IMAC SC cultures contain selected multiple mixed strains of Streptococcus lactis, Streptococcus cremoris, and Streptococcus diacetilactis bacteria. Because of the unique instant-freezing process that we use on all our frozen culture products, we have been able maintain the highest possible activity, while the use of a protective medium and natural yeast and mold inhibitors maintain uniformity, shelf life and product integrity. Laboratory tested for purity and bacteriological safety, Kosher approved.
- IMAC MesoLac (BM) Buttermilk Cultures:
- IMAC BM Cultures contain multiple mixed strains of Streptococcus lactis, Streptococcus cremoris and Leuconcostoc citrovorum bacteria which contribute to the manufacture of buttermilk. The BM cultures define the tartness and body of the buttermilk product, while also serving as a phage inhibitor, thereby insuring optimum bacterial activity. This translates into an excellent and efficiently made final product, as well as an extended shelf life due to internal yeast and mold inhibitors. Laboratory tested for purity and bacteriological safety, Kosher approved.
- IMAC Soft Dairy Bacterial Cultures
- 900-113, YO-LAC - Multiple and mixed strains for the manufacture of yogurt
- 900-113, DIACETOLAC - For the manufacture of Sour Cream
- 900-108, MESO-LAC BM - Mixed cultures for the manufacture of buttermilk
- Swiss Cheese Cultures
- IMAC has developed a specialized culture product towards the production of Swiss Cheese varieties, employing a unique formulation of propionic acid cultures to deliver optimal taste, feel and quality.
- 900-110, PROBAC - Propionic acid cultures for Swiss Cheese
- All Soft Dairy and Swiss Cheese cultures are Kosher approved and labeled, and are tested for purity and bacteriological safety by a United States Government Certified Laboratory. The cultures are then shipped by air express in styrofoam insulated, corrugated containers with dry ice, complete with signed and verified Certificates of Analysis and tracking numbers for traceability.